A new report published by two leading nonwovens trade associations forecasts strong market demand for nonwovens materials through the next five years, according to the Worldwide Outlook for the Nonwovens Industry, 2018-2023.
The sixth edition of the report is now available for purchase from both INDA (Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry) and EDANA (International Association Serving the Nonwovens and Related Industries).
Among the highlights of the report are:
- In the historical period (2008–2018), production increased by 5.7%, led by growth in spunbond/spunmelt and drylaid hydroentanglement.
- China leads the growth in production, adding an additional 3.3 million tons from the end of 2008 through to 2018, representing a 10.8% annual growth rate.
- Across the nonwoven end-use segments, transportation and wipes production expanded at the fastest rates, while absorbent hygiene applications recorded the highest incremental volume, with 1.3 million tons.
“The worldwide nonwovens industry’s prospects are excellent, and it remains an exciting industry in which to be involved,” said the report’s co-authors Jacques Prigneaux, Market Analysis and Economic Affairs Director at EDANA and Brad Kalil, Director of Market Intelligence and Economic Affairs at INDA.
This new comprehensive report provides in-depth information and analysis of global nonwoven macro drivers; supply-demand forecasts and statistics; and regional trade analysis; among other topics.
The report includes detailed regional information and forecasts on production, technology and investment requirements for North America, Greater Europe, Asia and the South America region. The report further features regional views of economic growth, population, product by end use and trade flows. Other key topics include raw material usage and a detailed appendix.
The report is available for purchase now and delivery starting on August 15, 2019. For more information or to purchase, contact:
- INDA: Cindy Garcia, email@example.com or visit https://imisw.inda.org/store/
- EDANA: Jacques Prigneaux, Market Analysis and Economic Affairs Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.edana.org/newsroom/reports-publications/reports-and-publications-overview