EDANA has elected new governors and a new team of officers for 2020-21.
Mikael Staal Axelsen (Fibertex) remains as Chairperson, and is supported by Vice-Chairpersons Åsa Johansson (Essity, Sweden) and David Lamb (Nonwovenn, the U.K.). Giorgio Mantovani (Corman, Italy) was elected as treasurer. Announced at EDANA’s recent online Annual Strategic Review and AGM, the newly elected board began their term on July 1st.
“It is a pleasure to welcome such engaged and insightful new members to the board. Their experience and enthusiasm are acknowledged by the member confidence in our assembly to drive our ambitious new agenda.” says Axelsen. “Aligning on the interests and meeting the needs of over 280 members is a complex yet ultimately rewarding challenge. It is heartening to know that we share values that our renewed focus on sustainable and innovative solutions, and transparent business practices demonstrates.”
The following governors were elected as new board members:
- Cédric Ballay (EVP & General Manager EMEAI, Berry Global, Spain)
- Roger Chantillon (Executive Board Member & EVP Sales & Marketing, RKW Group, Germany)
- Sophie Rasmussen (Business Leader Essential Health EMEA & Global Women’s Health, Johnson & Johnson, U.K.)
- Patricia Sargeant (Vice President, Sales, Composite Fibers, Glatfelter, Canada)
- Markus Westerkamp (Executive Vice President BA Advanced Solutions, Ahlstrom-Munksjö, Germany)
The team of officers is reinforced by executive governors, co-opted by the board: Thorsten Habeck (Head of Business Management, Fiber Bonding EMEA, BASF, Germany); Ulrich Hornfeck (Board Member & Chief Commercial Officer, Sandler, Germany); Krzysztof D. Malowaniec (Senior Vice President, Paul Hartmann, Germany); Jörg Ortmeier (CEO, TWE Group, Germany); and Mark A. Thornton (Vice President, Global Materials, Procter & Gamble, Germany).