The Teijin Group announced that its core aramid fiber business, Teijin Aramid and fiber and products converting business, Teijin Frontier Co., Ltd. would exhibit in Techtextil 2017.
In hall 4.1, booth E09, Teijin will showcase advanced solutions incorporating various proprietary materials that are widely used in safety and protection, infrastructure, automotive and other industrial fields, including:
- Teijinconex meta-aramid fiber, which offers highly durable heat resistance and flame retardation for firefighting protective apparel and industrial uniforms. It is also used as a reinforcement material for heat-resistant filters, rubber belts and turbocharger hoses.
- Teijinconex neo meta-aramid fiber, which achieves unsurpassed heat resistance, excellent dyeability and environmental compliance for diverse solutions suited for protective clothing.
- Twaron and Technora para-aramid fibers, which withstand temperatures of up to 400°C, and offer exceptional strength for bulletproof and stab-resistant protective clothing. They also are excellent materials for automotive brake pads and reinforcement in tires, conveyor belts and various composite materials.
- Endumax Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE), which offers high dimensional stability at very low weight, making it suitable for a wide variety of applications whenever there is a need for superior strength, safety, light weight or durability, such as ballistic protection or high-performance unit load devices.
- Nanofront, the world’s first 700-nanometer ultra-fine polyester fiber featuring superior fitting, slip resistance, heat and light shielding, and filtering properties. It is used for diverse applications, including clothing, sportswear and industrial applications.
- Elk lightweight, durable, cushiony and breathable materials, which serve as an excellent substitute for polyurethane in a range of cushioning applications.
- Tepyrus ultra-fine polyester short-cut fiber specially engineered for nonwovens. It is used in applications such as nonwoven sheets for filters and electronic materials.