AATCC research committees work year-round to develop and update standards. The results are published twice per year, in the AATCC Technical Manual each January and in the Mid-Year Supplement each June.
The 2020 Mid-Year Supplement is now available and includes nine revised test methods, one editorially revised test method, and one revised monograph for a total of eleven approved standards since publication of the 2020 AATCC Technical Manual.
These documents are available only as downloadable PDFs for 2020. The 2020 Mid-Year Supplement will be discontinued at the end of 2020, and all standards contained therein will appear in the 2021 AATCC Technical Manual.
The following AATCC test methods and procedures have been revised since publication of the 2020 AATCC Technical Manual. In accordance with AATCC M13, Rules of Procedure for AATCC Test Method and Technology Committees, all technical changes are unanimously approved by the responsible research committee and the Technical Committee on Research (TCR) before publication.
- AATCC TM16.3-2020 Test Method for Colorfastness to Light: Xenon-Arc; Revised to update Options 1, 2 & 3 flow charts.
- AATCC TM26-2020 Test Method for Ageing of Sulfur-Dyed Textiles: Accelerated; Revised to clarify and align with prescribed AATCC style guidelines.
- AATCC TM94-2020 Test Method for Finishes in Textiles: Identification; Revised to update the spectra, edit the text in existing sections, and to add new sections for clarity.
- AATCC TM97-2020 Test Method for Extractable Content of Textiles; Revised to clarify safety requirements.
- AATCC TM112-2020 Test Method for Formaldehyde Release from Fabric, Determination of Sealed Jar Method; Revised to update multiple sections for clarity and alignment to style guidelines.
- AATCC TM133-2020 Test Method for Colorfastness to Heat: Hot Pressing; Revised to align with prescribed AATCC style guidelines.
- AATCC TM169-2020 Test Method for Weather Resistance of Textiles: Xenon Lamp Exposure; Revised to add references standards, added Appendix B, and various editorial changes.
- AATCC TM183-2020 Test Method for Transmittance or Blocking of Erythemally Weighted Ultraviolet Radiation through Fabrics; Revised to add references to verification fabric and UPF compilation, and to align format with AATCC style guidelines.
- AATCC TM195-2017(e3) Test Method for Extractable Content of Textiles; Editorially Revised to reference LP1 and LP2 instead of M6 which has been removed
- AATCC TM206-2020 Test Method for Free and Hydrolyzed Formaldehyde: Water Extraction; Revised to update multiple sections for clarity.
- AATCC M12-2020 Style Guide for Test Methods and Procedures; Revised to include Designation and History sections, along with various updates and clarifications.
Order 2020 Mid-Year Supplement: Item #03009A
Order 2020 AATCC Technical Manual: Item #03020A
Revised standards are also available for purchase as individual downloads.